Sunday, March 29, 2009

Supervision Assessment

What are your strengths that are most helpful to staff (teacher)?

I believe my strengths that are most helpful to staff is the fact that I am very understanding. I am always ready to help someone and/or give guidance if needed. I am willing to work as a team yet, still supervise. I am a good listener ; I care about what someone is feeling or thinking, and I would take that into consideration. No one is perfect, and mistakes will happen and I am always mindful of that.

What additional skill would you like to gain?

A skill I would like to gain would be to be a better problem solver. I can solve a problem but, it would take some criticle thinking for me to come to a resolution. I have always been the type to try to stay away from problems and/or conflict. I know that this will be apart of supervision so I need to know better professional ways to deal with this problem.

2 comments:

  1. It is very important that as a leader we are understanding of each individual no matter what the situation. I see that you are a leader with empathy. You are a very open person. Leaders deal with problems on a daily basis so Im sure that you would be able to handle any problem just follow procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chonte,

    I found your posting very interesting. It sounds like we have quite the same view points on how we handle dealing with others. I think the problem solving is similar to attending a math class the more problems you work on the better you become at solving them. I have found that when you work with children there is no dress rehearsal, so sometimes a problem will just come out of no where.

    ReplyDelete